LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 10, 2012
- From the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and TouchTunes Interactive Networks, the largest interactive out-of-home entertainment network in North America, today announced the debut of TouchTunes' latest entertainment applications being rolled out in 2012.
At the show, TouchTunes will unveil two new applications for its award-winning Virtuo jukebox – PhotoBooth and TouchTunes Karaoke. TouchTunes will also provide a first look at the latest update to their widely successful myTouchTunes Mobile app which enables consumers to find TouchTunes locations, search for music and play their favorite songs on the TouchTunes jukebox. These new products will be on display and demonstrated throughout the show at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) and on Tuesday, Jan. 10 from 2-3 p.m. and Thursday, Jan. 12 from 2-3 p.m. at the Verizon Spotlight stage.
TouchTunes Interactive Networks' Virtuo digital jukebox, powered by Verizon's 4G LTE technology, is a breakthrough interactive, in-venue platform supporting multiple applications for entertainment, marketing and advertising. Highlights of the new TouchTunes product offerings at the Verizon booth, include:
- Virtuo Photo Booth – a first-of-its-kind digital photo booth that enables users to take fun, spontaneous photos of themselves and choose to instantly print and/or upload them to Facebook®, Twitter™ or send via email. Demos will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 10 from 2-3 p.m.
- Virtuo Karaoke – a state-of-the-art karaoke system that allows users to enjoy karaoke through the digital jukebox, enabling any bar or restaurant the opportunity to let customers perform their favorite songs. TouchTunes will also highlight the companion Karaoke Mobile app allowing users to browse songbooks, choose a song and reserve their spot in the performance queue. Demos will take place on Thursday, Jan. 12 from 2-3 p.m. on the Verizon Spotlight stage.
- TouchTunes Karaoke Video Studio – this new service allows anyone to take video of a TouchTunes karaoke performance using any connected mobile device, send it to TouchTunes and get back a version with fully synchronized, high-fidelity audio all in a matter of seconds.
- myTouchTunes Mobile App 2.0 – this second generation of TouchTunes' award-winning mobile app will show off a redesigned interface, easier check-in and payment options, more social engagement opportunities and enhanced loyalty rewards.
Christian McMahan, chief marketing officer for TouchTunes Interactive Networks, said, "The launch of Virtuo and the new apps is just the beginning, we are now aggressively developing a suite of breakthrough, innovative products that will allow our consumers to fully leverage the power of Verizon's 4G LTE network."
TouchTunes Interactive Networks is the largest interactive out-of-home entertainment network in North America providing entertainment and marketing solutions to 50,000 bars and restaurants across the country. Since TouchTunes introduced the world's first digital downloading, pay-per-play jukebox, the network has become the largest of its kind with close to two million songs played, on average, across the network every day.
Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 4G network in the United States, which now covers more than 200 million people in 190 markets.
TouchTunes first announced it would leverage the Verizon 4G LTE network to support its fleet of digital jukeboxes nationwide at CES in 2011. With a unique combination of high data speeds, and coast-to-coast coverage, TouchTunes systems using Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE have since been able to capitalize on fast connectivity to lower deployment costs and on-demand access to TouchTunes' rich entertainment and advertising media.
For more information about Verizon at CES, visit www.verizonwireless.com/ces
or follow Verizon Wireless news on Twitter at @VZWnews. Visit www.touchtunes.com
for more information about TouchTunes Interactive Networks.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com
. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
About TouchTunes Interactive Networks
TouchTunes Interactive Networks is the largest interactive out-of-home entertainment network in North America. TouchTunes provides entertainment and marketing solutions to 50,000 bars and restaurants. Since TouchTunes introduced the world's first digital downloading, pay-per-play jukebox, the network has become the largest of its kind with close to 2 million songs played, on average, across the network every day. TouchTunes has a growing music library of more than three million licensed tracks, and delivered more than 900 million songs in 2011 alone. The company also provides TouchTunesTV, a unique, screen-within-a-screen interactive television experience that provides custom advertising capabilities, venue promotions and social networking opportunities. TouchTunes is a privately held U.S. corporation with offices in New York City, Arlington Heights, Illinois and Montreal, Canada. For further information please visit us at: touchtunes.com
Source: Verizon Wireless